Sunday, May 24, 2015

TRICK 'R TREAT

Trick 'r Treat Movie Review

Trick 'r Treat is an anthology of stories unraveling during one Halloween night in a small town in Ohio. The stories involve a Halloween-obsessed man and her Halloween-hating wife, a school principal who moonlights as a killer, a group of teenage girls trying to find the perfect man for their shy virgin friend, a group of school kids playing a prank on a slow classmate, and a grumpy old man who hates everybody. All the stories are connected by the various characters and a devilish little guy named Sam.

Hello Sam!

I first saw this film in 2009, I've watched it at least once a year since, and I think I love it more with each viewing. The cinematography is very slick in this film, it moves at a fantastic pace, the opening is absolute gold, and the connections between the stories are clever. The acting is pretty good as well, something you don't expect from this sort of film, with Dylan Baker as Steven the killer principal and Britt McKillip as lead mean girl Macy turning in particularly good performances. To me, however, the stories themselves are the main attraction here. They are smart, horrific, have genuine scares, and, as previously mentioned, contain good twists. This movie has become a regular at my household every Halloween, and I believe it to be the best horror anthology since the original Creepshow. I highly recommend this to any horror fan.

On A Scale Of One To Ten: 9

Trick 'r Treat Movie Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment