Wednesday, December 1, 2010

DOLLS

 Dolls Movie Review

Two groups of people with car troubles end up in a mansion for the night and are soon being terrorized by dolls that have come to life. I remember seeing the cover of this 1987 film at video stores for years but never rented it. Having seen it, I sort of wish I had rented it back in the day, as I enjoyed it more than I expected. One part horror, one part fairytale, and one part comedy, this movie balances all three nicely. The setting is a very creepy one, and the dolls coming to life was actually fairly cool and well done.

Thieves get nowhere in life

The acting, for the most part, is dreadful, with the exception of Guy Rolfe, who, incidentally, went on to star in a few of the Puppet Master films, a series about killer puppets. The ending is an interesting one that appeared as though was going to lead to a sequel, but that was never done. Some of the stuff in this movie is laughable (especially the poor acting) but overall I enjoyed this one.

On A Scale Of One To Ten: 7

Dolls Movie Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment