Saturday, April 18, 2020

NIGHTMARE WEEKEND

Nightmare Weekend Movie Review

Hmm...Umm...Bear with me while I try to collect the words to describe the plot of this movie...okay, I quit. You can't really explain that which does not exist, so I will offer to you the pieces that do exist and were (presumably) used to try to create an actual story. There is a millionaire professor, his treacherous mistress, and his daughter living in a mansion, where they have created some all-knowing, all-powerful computer. There is a balding puppet with green hair and black lipstick in the shape of a heart--he talks for the computer...and offers the daughter advice about love and life.

Because I know you want proof of this

The computer allows the people to control...I don't know...random stuff? The daughter, for example, can control cars via the computer by playing the video game Turbo. Somehow the silver balls from pinball machines come into play, and turn people into monsters. And there's naked chicks and a little gore as well. Remember when I said I will watch any horror film from the 1980's? This is one of those, having taken the world by storm in 1986. I know this will come as a shock, considering what I have said to this point, but the acting is bad in this movie and it is shot very poorly. To make matters worse, almost everything you hear is dubbed, and my God, is it ever awful. If you are familiar with Troma, you will not be surprised to hear this nonsense was distributed by them--yes, I stuck with it even after seeing the Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz graphic at the start (I actually love this graphic). Some of the settings are kind of cool (such as an arcade), and the sheer curiosity of what will happen next will keep you going--not that you expect anything to make sense at any point. It's more a thought of "Can this getting any worse?...let's see!".

On A Scale Of One To Ten: 3


Nightmare Weekend Movie Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment