Wednesday, April 15, 2020

FLESH EATING MOTHERS

Flesh Eating Mothers Movie Review

"There's an epidemic out there! Mothers are eating their children!" This line, uttered by one of the worst actors in the movie (and that's saying something), perfectly summarizes this film--of course, so does the title, but hey, it never hurts to reinforce your point. I will admit, there are two things that combined to inspire me to watch this movie--the fantastic title, and that it is an 80's horror film (1988, to be exact). There's not an 80's horror movie I won't watch, and when I come across one I have never seen before, I get more excited about watching it than I probably should. So when I saw this one on Tubi (a fantastic source for such movies), I started watching it almost immediately. We get everything we expect from this movie--almost no budget, bad acting, a nonsensical plot, cheap makeup...you get the picture.

"Yes, we see"

This one is classified as a comedic horror film, but honestly, the biggest laughs are the unintentional ones--the comedy they went for was mostly unfunny, though what the scientists see when they look into the microscope really did make me laugh out loud. There is blood here...in fact, there are gallons of it, and the special effects are better than they should have been. The main drawback of the movie is indeed the acting--as if the general awfulness of it wasn't bad enough, practically everybody in this movie looks and sounds like the New Jersey Nightmare crew that terrorize Florida every winter and summer. That aside, Flesh Eating Mothers was much more entertaining than I expected it to be, and if you watch it, be sure to sit through the credits, as the song that plays during them is awesome.

On A Scale Of One To Ten: 5

Flesh Eating Mothers Movie Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment