Sunday, February 9, 2020

A.M.I.

A.M.I. Movie Review

A woman loses her Mom in a car accident and does what any person would do--she downloads an A.I. app on her phone, manipulates the sounds so it resembles her mother's voice, and names the thing "Mother". Cassie's (Debs Howard) problems don't end there--her boyfriend cheats on her, often with her best friend, and her Dad is a creep. Once Mother figures all this out, she encourages Cassie to kill those around her. Believe it or not, I've managed to make this movie sound much more interesting that it actually is.

"Mom, he's being so mean!"

To call this movie a mess would be making it seem more entertaining than what we get--it's more a combination of everything I hate about people in the 21st Century and everything I hate about being bored. The dialogue is absurd, the characters--ALL the characters--are unlikable, the acting is atrocious, and the directing, the editing are poor at best, and the story...well, you know the story. Truly the only redeeming quality of this film is the gore--it's not lacking in blood and guts. The rest, however, is far too much to sit through for those few moments of enjoyment. Do yourself a favor and scroll right on past this movie.

On A Scale Of One To Ten: 3

A.M.I. Movie Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment