Friday, January 11, 2019

THE WINDMILL (aka THE WINDMILL MASSACRE)

The Windmill Movie Trailer

When a bus full of tourists checking out the windmills of Holland breaks down, the people on board begin experiencing something sinister—a madman with a taste for blood  stalking them. I came across this 2016 movie on Netflix and thought it sounded interesting enough to give it a shot, and I'm kind of glad I did. We get at least a brief look at the characters on the bus before they begin their journey--it's not too much, but enough to let us get an idea of the characters, which becomes important near the end of the film. The acting is very hit or miss, and unfortunately, our lead, Charlotte Beaumont, is probably the worst of the bunch. When we finally get a look at our killer, we see a decent throwback looking fella.

Straight out of the old school

There is a good bit of gore throughout, with a surprise thrown in here and there for good measure. The end reveal falls flat, but there is an extra surprise, so the film picks back up soon after dropping. The dialogue leaves a bit to be desired, but I don't think anybody will watch this film for that anyway, so we can look past that. I don't know if I enjoyed The Windmill as much as I did because it was surprisingly good, or if it just seemed good when compared to the other movies I have watched on Netflix lately, but I found this to be an enjoyable, low budget slasher. 

On A Scale Of One To Ten: 7


The Windmill Movie Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment