Thursday, June 24, 2010

THE DESCENT PART 2

The Descent Part 2 Movie Review

Picking up where part one left off, The Descent 2 finds a rescue group looking for survivors in the caverns the women from part one explored. Once down there, they encounter the same nightmare from the first film. There is really a lot more I could say but I am trying to not give too much away for people who have not seen part one yet.

These guys return

I have to say that part one is probably one of my five favorite horror movies, so I wasn’t really expecting a whole lot from the sequel--I was very pleasantly surprised, however, as this is one of the better sequels I have seen. It maintains a lot of the creepiness of the original, though it does lack some of the more psychological scares of the first. The dialogue is pretty good, as is the acting, and there are plenty of scares and even twists and turns as well. A lot of the surroundings from the first film are here as well, giving it a cool feel. You should really see the first film before catching this one, and if you have seen the first film, you know there are a couple different endings. The sequel goes with the ending I saw in the theatre but is oddly missing from my DVD. Anyways, this is a really good, scary movie that I recommend highly.

On A Scale Of One To Ten: 8

The Descent Part 2 Red Band Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment