Saturday, October 13, 2018

IT'S OCTOBER 13 JOSH! POST SOMETHING ALREADY!

Hello loyal readers. I know you likely expected me to have written more reviews by this point in the month--it IS October, the horror movie month, after all, and here it is the 13th day and this is my first entry of our favorite time of the year, so I feel an explanation is in order. My girlfriend and I left for a vacation to England and France (and briefly Norway) at the start of the month and just returned two days ago...oh yeah, and we both returned very sick...thanks Europe. So while not in the states, I had no time to watch movies, much less review them--we don't believe in relaxation during vacation, so we were sightseeing the entire time...and my goodness, did we ever see a lot!

While on the subject of sightseeing, I will not go through everything we saw, but will mention the things that I could tie into the theme of this site: Stonehenge was incredible (and freezing cold).

And this picture made it onto Svengoolie's photo gallery!

Seeing Jim Morrison's grave and the cemetery he's buried in, Pere Lachaise Cemetery in Paris, was really cool and creepy. As a lifelong fan of The Doors, seeing Morrison's grave is something I had wanted to do for many, many years. Aside from Morrison, there are dozens of other famous people buried in the cemetery, which is absolutely huge. If you are a fan of cemeteries and enjoy checking out the cool headstones and tombs, Pere Lachaise Cemetery is a place you could spend all day at.

Mr. Mojo Resting

Keeping with my reviews of haunted houses this year (see Halloween Horror Nights 2018 and Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018), Le Manoir de Paris has Halloween: Toxic, a thirty minute walk through haunted house that is, at times, absolutely terrifying. The monsters can, and often do, touch you, much of the house is pitch black, and, best of all, you are sent through the house in small groups (there were five of us), making every scare one you do not see coming a mile away--I'm looking at you, Universal. The story is of a toxic outbreak, turning humans into mutated monsters. There is a ton of personal interaction with the characters, and they all speak English as well as French, which is great. If you speak English but not French, simply tell one of the people at the start of the house, and you will be given a glow stick, alerting the characters to perform in English. The makeup jobs throughout the house are extraordinary, and many of the scenes and special effects are genuinely frightening. So should you find yourself in Paris, check this experience out--it will cost about 30 Euros, but is worth every bit of it. You can find more information on this at their site here.

The building even looks cool on the outside

So there you have it, the reasons it has taken me so long into October to write a review. Thanks for reading, and with that out of the way, I think I'll review something now!

No comments:

Post a Comment