Sunday, December 27, 2009

THE HAPPENING

The Happening Movie Review

As a fan of M. Night Shyamalan films I was pretty excited when this one came out but never got around to seeing it in the theatre--now I am glad I didn't drop ten bucks or so to go see it. The first 30 minutes are pretty solid, but it really tanks after that. Mark Wahlberg, who I think is a decent actor, gives us a, well, odd performance as the lead character. John Leguizamo, not surprisingly, gives the best performance, but sadly is not in the film much.

And she looks like this the entire film

The story is very weak in this one, probably Shyamalan's worst to date. The reason it gets as high a score as it does from me is because the first 30 minutes are so good, has a few "Holy Smokes" moments, and at least one movie taboo scene. After watching The Lady In The Water I commented that Shyamalan could make a film of two monkeys banging sticks together for two hours and people will pay to see it just because Shyamalan made it--after this outing I'm not so sure that stands true anymore.

On A Scale Of One To Ten: 5

The Happening Movie Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment