Sunday, December 27, 2009

FRONTIER(S)

Frontier(s) Movie Review

A group of young people steal money during a riot in Paris and head for Holland, deciding to stop along the way at a hostel run by a family of insane cannibal Nazis.

Nazi cannibals

The torture and death scenes from there are very brutal. Horrorfest brings us this French film, which is in French and German with English subtitles. This is easily one of the most intense films I have ever seen and is by far the best of the Horrorfest films so far. It is a mixture of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hostel and 70's grindhouse stuff. If you do not like movies like Hostel, Touristas, etc, avoid this one. If you do like such movies, this is a must see, and really THIS is the movie that Hostel WANTED to be. I couldn't take my eyes off this film--I got very wrapped up in it, and actually felt bad for the victims (a rarity for me). Of note, this movie was given an NC-17 rating due to the extreme violence. The acting is actually pretty good with a couple small exceptions. The lead characters movements towards the end are, well...I'm not sure, either quite disturbing or so badly acted that it is distracting...I have yet to figure it out. And Maud Forget as Eva "the good sister" is outstanding; she is easily the best actor in the film, as well as the most interesting character. I personally loved this movie and give it a high recommendation.

On A Scale Of One To Ten: 9

Frontier(s) Movie Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment